Reception application process 2023-2024
Children born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 will be due to start in Reception in September 2023. The application period will be open on Thursday 1st September 2022 and the closing date is Sunday 15th January 2023.
A copy of the Admission to Primary Schools in Bexley 2023-2024 booklet can be found by clicking here during the application period. Paper copies of application forms are only available from the Bexley Civic Offices in Bexleyheath.
To make an application; apply online through your home Local Authority’s Admissions Team. If you are a resident of the London Borough of Bexley you can apply online www.bexley.gov.uk/admissions during the application period; if you require a paper application form please telephone the Bexley Civic Offices on 020 8303 7777.
If you live in any other borough e.g. Greenwich, you can include Bexley schools in your preferences, but you will need to contact your home Local Authority’s Admissions Team to apply online or obtain the application form.
The easiest way to apply is online. Please visit www.bexley.gov.uk/admissions or www.eadmissions.org.uk
- 1st September 2022 - Application period starts
- 15th January 2023 - Closing date for applications
- 9th February 2023 - Last date for address or other essential changes or for late applications that are late with a good reason
- 17th April 2023 - Offers of places made online. Letters will be posted 1st class to applicants who applied on a paper form.
- 2nd May 2023 - Last date for accepting and declining offers of places
- 15th May 2023 - Last date for on-time appeals for community and voluntary-controlled schools
- May-August 2023 - Offers from waiting lists
- June-July 2023 - Appeal hearings
What happens after you have accepted a place at Brampton?
Parents/carers of children who are offered a place to join Brampton in September 2023 will be invited to an parent information meeting in June and the children will be invited to a teddy bears' picnic at the same time, which familiarise families with the school setting so that they feel ready to start in September.
After that, around June / July, we will book home visits with families. This is an opportunity for families to meet the reception staffing team and ask any questions that they may have.
When the children start school in September, they start gradually. Children will come in until 11:30 and then in until 1:30 to include lunchtime and then in full time. Most children will be full time within two weeks.