At Brampton Primary Academy, it is our policy that all pupils wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in school-organised events and trips unless otherwise agreed.
This policy is based on the belief that our school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in our school;
- helps to create a sense of community, and belonging to the school;
- identifies pupils with the school;
- supports our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion;
- is practical, smart, and designed with health and safety in mind; and
- should be affordable for all parents/carers.
This policy provides guidance for pupils, parents/carers, and staff about the school uniform and pupils’ personal property.
Our school has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform.
We understand that items with distinctive characteristics, such as items with the school logo, cannot be purchased from a wide range of retailers and that requiring many such items limits parents/carers’ ability to ‘shop around’ for a low price.
We aim to ensure our uniform is available at a reasonable cost and provides the best value for money for parents/carers.
We do this by:
- carefully considering whether any items with distinctive characteristics are necessary;
- limiting any items with distinctive characteristics where possible, for example only asking for the school jumper/cardigan and PE t-shirt to have the school logo on;
- keeping the number of optional branded items to a minimum, so that the school uniform can act as a social leveler;
- avoiding different uniform requirements for different years;
- ensuring that arrangements are in place for parents/carers to acquire second-hand uniform items;
- avoiding frequent changes to uniform specifications and minimising the financial impact on parents of any changes; and
- consulting with parents and pupils on any proposed significant changes to the uniform policy and carefully considering any complaints about the policy.
Brampton’s uniform providers are:
Casey’s Schoolwear: Casey's Schoolwear Website
Boffins School Uniform: Boffins Website
Items with the school logo, along with some items listed in the general uniform list, are offered by both providers. However, most supermarkets stock a range of generic school uniform items, in store and online, and these may be more affordable than those stocked by our specialist uniform providers.
We encourage pupils to look after their uniform and personal property so that it does not become lost in the first place. It is very important that all items are clearly named so they can be easily returned if lost.
Lost property bins are located under the verandas on the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds. These are emptied at the end of each term and we endeavor to return all named property.
Second-hand Uniform Sales
Friends of Brampton (FoB) is Brampton’s PTA. FoB regularly hold in-school second-hand uniform sales, which are advertised on the FoB Facebook page.
Enquires can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If a parent/carer has difficulties for any reason with school uniform, they are asked to speak confidentially to a member of staff. Parents/carers should be assured that we will do all we can to help.